Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the name for a group of lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties.
- emphysema – damage to the air sacs in the lungs
- chronic bronchitis – long-term inflammation of the airways
COPD is a common condition that mainly affects middle-aged or older adults who smoke. Many people do not realise they have it.
Helpful Links and Self-Management
- NHS Living with COPD
- Living well with COPD- reources
- British Lung Foundation- Bronchiectassis and Sputum Clearing Techniques
- Everyday Exercises for thos living with COPD
- British Lung Foundation Strength exercises video
- British Lung Foundation Healthy Eating.