KVA is working with partners to be able to offer voluntary and community organisations in Kingston one-to-one advice on a wide variety of subjects. We are calling this programme ‘Ask the Expert’, and it is available to all the Voluntary, Community, Social Enterprise and Faith organisations in Kingston as well as to the residents who want to join the world of supporting people to be safe, well and happy in our local community.
Below are the names and profiles of various experts you can ask for advice. All you need to do is complete this form, outlining your support needs and we will put you in touch with the most suitable expert on our panel. The expert will then be in touch with you to set up the first meeting which might be online, on the phone or face-to-face.
Please note that we will share your contact details with the expert we decide is best placed to support you, so they can contact you to arrange the session. For KVA’s full Privacy Statement please see the KVA website: (https://kva.org.uk/about-kva/privacy-statement)
Payment and cancellation:
This service is free. However, if you can’t make your appointment don’t cancel it with the Expert 48 hours prior to the session, we will invoice you £30. Should you need to see an expert more than three times on the same topic and the work becomes very time-consuming, we will approach you to discuss a reasonable fee in order for the support to continue. All sessions are 45 minutes long.
Keep checking this page, more experts likely to join the panel in the future!
Claudia Demuth is a highly versatile coach and business advisor to the voluntary and statutory sectors and focuses on supporting a wide range of communities, enterprises and individuals to achieve transformational change.
With over 20 years’ experience in helping organisations and individuals to strengthen their impact and direction, she currently works for Croydon Voluntary Action, Richmond Council for Voluntary Services, and Kingston Voluntary Action; as well as acting as an Enhance Partner at Lloyds Bank Foundation, being an Associate for the Law Centres Network, and helping various enterprises directly. She is used to working pro-actively on large-scale funding bids, programme management, and delivering training / facilitation contracts.
Claudia will be able to help you think through issues relating to:
- setting up an organisation e.g. making a decision on whether you ought to become a charity, a community interest company or just remain a community project
- board development / management e.g. how to recruit new trustees or how to ensure tough decisions are handled well
- business planning e.g. how to develop a 5 year strategy or reset your visioning
- organisational culture e.g. how to deal with conflict or how to plan a process of change
- income generation e.g. how to determine which income sources to approach or how to make bid writing less of a chore
- legal challenges e.g. how to do a special resolution to change membership or how to approach lease negotiations when a break clause approaches in your premises
Hilary Pannack – set up and ran a charity for 25 years and raised funding from Trusts and Foundations on a day-to-day basis; ensuring the organisation’s growth from a local project to a national charity. On the way, she has gained a wealth of knowledge which she is keen to share with smaller organisations in our borough.
Hilary can help you to:
- set up your local organisation
- ensure you have the right policies and procedures in place
- research appropriate Trusts and Foundations for your charity or not for profit organisation
- Identify projects to be funded
- Design the application
- Offer tips for successful applications
Jacky Fung is KVA’s Finance Manager. He has worked for KVA since 2013, supporting local charities with various financial queries. He has an Accounting and Finance BA (hons) degree, is a member of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), and has achieved level 1, 2 and 3 on Sage 50Cloud.
Jacky can help you to:
• review your bookkeeping system
• provide advice on using Microsoft Excel and Sageline 50 for finances
• review your financial procedures
• adhere to regulatory financial requirements
• review financial reports e.g. annual report
Superhighways team – Digital, tech or data
Whatever stage of your digital, tech and data journey, the Superhighways team with expertise across each of these areas, as well as digital inclusion, can help. Book a slot for one to one advice and hands -on support covering:
- using digital tools and platforms for better communications
- collaborating and working with partners online
- reviewing your website or writing better copy
- creating designs and infographics for publicity materials and social media
- developing an eNewsletter
- exploring Office 365's toolbox of great software
- protecting your systems and data
- developing digital services
- supporting your members / communities with basic data skills & internet access
- and more!
Karen Penny - Safeguarding
Karen has worked for KVA as the Children and Young People Project Officer for the past 6 years. Karen was seconded onto the Kingston Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) while working in family support 17 years ago and has been the KVA voluntary sector representative covering Kingston for the past 10 years, both on the main board of the LSCB, and now on various subgroups for the Kingston & Richmond Children’s Safeguarding Partnership (K&RSCP)
Karen can help you with your safeguarding needs around:
- general enquiries
- policy and procedures
- trustee obligations and training in Safeguarding
Hiba Kadiyeh – Volunteer Development
Hiba, Volunteering Kingston’s new Volunteer Development Coordinator, has worked in the charity sector for over 20 years, with extensive experience in accomplishing positive results achieved through strategy development and implementation, focusing on new development opportunities, forward planning, end-to-end project management, and exceptional service delivery.
In her role, she runs the brokerage service, supports volunteers to find roles, and provides advice and support to both volunteers and organisations.
Hiba can help you to:
- develop and promote your volunteering opportunities
- successfully recruit, involve and manage volunteers
- organise quality volunteering placements
through bespoke advice, support and training in volunteer management services