We have a number of expert staff at Kingston Voluntary Action who would be very happy to support you. Their specialisms are outlined below.
Alison Ewart - Governance
Alison, KVA’s Funding and Organisational Development Officer, has worked in the voluntary sector for over 25 years, mainly in smaller community organisations helping local communities identify what they need and organise and build the capacity to achieve this.
Alison can help you to:
- Set up an organisation
- Strengthen your governance
- Develop a strategic plan
- Monitor and evaluate your work
- Develop a fundraising strategy
- Develop policies and procedures
Jacky Fung - Finance
Jacky, KVA’s Finance Manager, has worked for KVA since 2013, supporting local charities with various financial queries. He has an Accounting and Finance BA degree, is a member of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), and has achieved level 1, 2 and 3 on Sage 50Cloud.
Jacky can help you to:
• Set up or review your bookkeeping system
• Provide advice on using Microsoft Excel and Sageline 50 for finances
• Review your financial procedures
• Adhere to regulatory financial requirements
• Compile or read financial reports
Philippa Leary – Digital Inclusion
Our brilliant, fun and creative teacher, Philippa Leary (Superhighways' Digital Inclusion Coordinator) takes the fear out of mice and puts the power of the online world firmly in local people's hands. She loves helping community organisations use digital tools to sustain social change. Philippa, a trained teacher, has been working in the voluntary sector for nearly twenty years and brings a passion and enthusiasm for charity communications.
Philippa can help you to:
- Use new digital tools and platforms to communicate internally with your team
- Collaborate and work with partners online
- Review your website or write better copy
- Create content for social media
- Create or develop an eNewsletter
- Explore Office 365's toolbox a great software
- Develop clear messaging to highlight how to access ongoing and new services
- Stay in touch with vulnerable beneficiaries using websites, social media, email, telephony options and messaging apps
- Use Canva to create publicity materials
Karen Penny - Safeguarding
Karen has worked for KVA as Children and Young People Project Officer for the past 3 years. Karen was seconded onto the Kingston Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) while working in family support and has been the voluntary sector representative covering Kingston for the past 6 years, both on the main board of the LSCB, and now on various subgroups for the Kingston & Richmond Children’s Safeguarding Partnership (K&RSCP).
Karen can help you with your safeguarding needs around:
- General enquiries
- Policy and procedures
- Trustee obligations and training in Safeguarding
If you would like some advice or support, please complete this form, outlining your support needs, and we will get back to you as soon as we can, to set up a free 45 minute appointment for you with a relevant member of staff.
Please note that we will never share your data without your permission. For KVA’s full Privacy Statement please see the KVA website (https://kva.org.uk/about-kva/privacy-statement)