Community Action in Kingston
Community Action in Kingston event
Over 50 participants joined us at the Community Action in Kingston event on 19 May 2021, for the chance to celebrate and learn from the recent period of volunteering during the pandemic.
The event was a great success and provided inspiration for participants who were able to celebrate the achievements of the past year.
During the lively discussions at the event, along with the inspiring presentations, participants shared their achievements and expressed enthusiasm about working together in future.
We hope to build on the discussions and that the sector will stay involved with us as there is so much more that we can achieve by working together.
Some of the great feedback about the event
"It’s fabulous to all be connected in this way."
"Well done KVA. Kingston is definitely Stronger Together!"
"Volunteering is mutually beneficial."
"Thanks for organising this excellent event."
Links to resources
- Kingston Hospital’s ‘Thank You’ video.
- ‘Thank You’ from Caroline Kerr and Ian Thomas, the Leader and CEO of Kingston Council
- Community Action during Covid-19 - Molly Sweeney, Volunteer Brokerage Co-ordinator, Volunteering Kingston presentation
- From community choir to soup kitchen of Kingston in one (Covid) year - Pippa Coupland, Voices of Hope presentation
- Connected Kingston video, and Q&A with Antoine Al Hosri (RBK). Connected Kingston video
- Making Kingston; Places for the Future Robin Hutchinson presentation
"Amazing to hear what Voices of Hope have achieved! well done to all involved."
"Thank you for sharing those stories Pippa, wonderful to hear!"
Many thanks to the presenters at the event.
- Cllr Caroline Kerr is the Leader of Kingston Council, and has served on the council since 2018.
- Ian Thomas is Chief Executive of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames.
- Molly Sweeney is the Volunteer Brokerage Co-ordinator of Volunteering Kingston. Volunteering Kingston is Kingston's volunteer centre.
- Pippa Coupland works for Voices of Hope, a local charity that provides a range of services including a soup kitchen and community choir.
- Robin Hutchinson is a Director of The Community Brain, with much of his work focused on encouraging people to engage with 'place' not 'space'.
- Sanja Djeric-Kane is the CEO of Kingston Voluntary Action, the CVS for Kingston upon Thames.
"Great advice on leadership."
"Thank you for inviting us all to join together."