Transforming Kingston Infrastructure
Transforming Kingston’s Infrastructure project was funded by the Big Fund (on behalf of the Office for Civil Society) to build the capacity of local organisations to become effective and self-sufficient for the future.
This 18 month project has supported local organisations to become even more well-led, influential, responsive, efficient and less reliant on statutory or grant funding.
We are enormously proud of our achievements over the lifetime of the project, which include:
- Almost £90,000 raised so far by our flagship fundraising campaign for the Borough, Love Kingston
- £34,234.34 raised by our 38 groups (and counting) online with Localgiving.com
- 59 capacity-building courses attended by 500 participants
- 21 organisations supported with business mentoring by The Cranfield Trust professionals network
- 7 voluntary sector managers achieving Chartered Management Institute Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- A new Kingston Voluntary and Community Sector Hub in development
We shall continue to develop initiatives established by the Transforming Kingston’s Infrastructure Project:
- Love Kingston will continue to grow and support local charities and community groups long into the future.
- Developing digital capability of local groups will flourish with the support of Superhighways.
We have forged lasting partnerships with organisations that can continue to support Kingston's voluntary and community sector beyond the project's end.
Kingston Voluntary Action would like to thank the Office for Civil Society (via the Big Fund) for funding our transformational project.