Kingston Voluntary Action supports various networks across the Borough of Kingston, which promote partnership working and the sharing of Best Practice between organisations in the local voluntary and community, and statutory sectors.
Networks are a great opportunity to pool ideas, share information and experiences, and to encourage joint working on projects.
The Health and Wellbeing Network is an open network of multi-disciplinary workers who provide support to local communities that improves the health and wellbeing of Kingston's population.
Health and Wellbeing Network meetings are held quarterly. For further information, please contact Patricia Turner, Health and Social Care Manager, KVA.
The Health and Wellbeing Network replaces the Community Development Network.
You can read the latest HWN meeting notes below:
- April 2016 notes and presentations
- November 2015 notes and presentations
- July 2015 meeting notes and presentations
- April 2015 meeting notes presentations
Children and Young People's Network
The Children and Young People's Network is an open network of managers, staff and volunteers supporting children and young people in Kingston. The Network offers an opportunity to keep up-to-date with developments at Kingston Council and the Local Safeguarding Children's Board.
Children and Young People's Network meetings are held quarterly.
You can read notes from previous CYP Network notes below
For further information please contact Patricia Turner.
Trustee Network - launched September 2015
In recognition of the need for Trustees to have opportunities to come together to share experiences, expertise and joint learning with their peers, KVA launched a new Trustee Network in mid-September 2015.
The Trustee Network aims to support Trustees and committee members to:
- Share experiences
- Discuss common aspects of being responsible for a voluntary organisation
- Address other specific areas of concern, and
- Receive specialist briefing and training sessions
Over 2017, Trustee Network meetings will be held monthly, on the last Thursday of the month. You can read about upcoming meeting and register your attendance here.
- 1st Trustee Network Meeting - September 2015
- 2nd Trustee Network Meeting - November 2015
- 3rd Trustee Network Meeting - January 2016
- 4th Trustee Network Meeting - April 2016